[GtkGLExt] gtkglext-3.0 Status Update

Hi

I pushed the latest changes for the GTK+ 3 port into my repository. You
can get a copy of the git tree from

  git://github.com/tdz/gtkglext.git

Over the last one-and-a-half weeks I mostly cleaned up the code to
follow the conventions of GTK+ 3. For example, it is now required to
only include gdk/gdkgl.h, or the target-specific headers gdk/gdkglx.h
and gdk/gdkglwin32.h.

I removed the auto-generated extension interface.  If you want to use
OpenGL extensions, try GLEW or GLee instead. The extension interface was
badly designed and wasted quite a bit of memory. On X11, the library's
binary size went down from 880 KB to 73 KB. The basic interface for
querying extension strings and symbol addresses still exists however.

I also cleaned up context handling. GdkGLDrawable's function's
'gdk_gl_drawable_gl_begin' and 'gdk_gl_drawable_gl_end' have been
replaced by 'gdk_gl_context_make_current' and
'gdk_gl_context_release_current'. These new functions do the same as the
old ones, but will allow for supporting different drawables for reading
and drawing with GLX 1.4. The related functions of GdkGLDrawable have
been removed.

The GTK+ widget now contains the helper functions 'gtk_widget_begin_gl'
and 'gtk_widget_end_gl'. These functions handle GL contexts and
drawables of a GTK+ widget and can also swap buffers after the frame is
finished.

The next step on my to-do list is support for GLX 1.4. I plan to
implement this over the next one or two weeks.

Regards
Thomas

--
GnuPG:          http://tdz.users.sourceforge.net/tdz.asc
Fingerprint:    16FF F599 82F8 E5AA 18C6 5220 D9DA D7D4 4EF1 DF08

jsapigen - A free glue-code generator for Mozilla SpiderMonkey. See
http://jsapigen.sourceforge.net for more information.