Re: [GtkGLExt] driving rendering with signals

On 5/18/09 1:22 PM, Wesley Smith wrote:
As I'm trying to integrate gtkgl into my app, I'm running into
problems with deadlock in pthreads.  From the looks of it, these libs
aren't reentrant as I'm getting lots of stalls with backtraces that
look like: http://www.mat.ucsb.edu/whsmith/temp/gdb.txt .  Ideally,
I'd like to drive everything from my own timer, but sometimes it
overtakes GtkGL's rendering/querying.  Is there any way around this or
am I forced to use glib timers?

GTK+ itself does not support concurrent use by more than one thread. This is a pretty good write-up of the issues:

http://blogs.operationaldynamics.com/andrew/software/gnome-desktop/gtk-thread-awareness.html

I'm pretty sure GtkGLExt just requires consistency with GTK+'s rules. If you think you're applying those rules correctly and you're still having problems, please explain a bit more about exactly what you're doing.

--
Braden McDaniel                      e-mail: <braden endoframe com>
<http://endoframe.com>               Jabber: <braden jabber org>