Re: [GtkGLExt] borderless windows

On Fri, 2009-05-15 at 13:19 -0700, Wesley Smith wrote:
> Hi,
> First, thanks for this really nice implementation.

You're welcome; but know that the current maintainers are mostly just
keeping this project from becoming abandonware.  The project's author
(Naofumi Yasufuku) moved on from it some years ago.

>   I had attempted
> something like this myself but quickly realized it was a massive job.
>
> I'm trying to create borderless OpenGL windows, which is nearly
> possible just by setting gtk_window_set_decorated.  That function gets
> rid of the "beveled" border, but there's still a very thin border that
> looks like the GtkWindow widget's background color around the OpenGL
> drawable.  I'm creating a GtkDrawingArea and adding it directly to the
> GtkWindow, so I'd expect it to take up the entire window.  Is this
> expected behavior?  Is there a way to get rid of the slight border
> even with set_decorated = FALSE?

I don't know; but, then, I'm very far from being an expert on GTK+
layout.  Are you sure this is a GtkGLExt-specific issue?  It sounds like
it may be a general GTK+ issue--in which case you'll probably have
better luck asking on gtk-list.

--
Braden McDaniel <braden endoframe com>