Re: [gtk-vnc-devel] crash on disconnect

Jonh Wendell wrote:
Em Seg, 2008-04-14 às 22:56 +0100, Daniel P. Berrange escreveu:
On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 04:11:53PM -0300, Jonh Wendell wrote:
Hi, folks.

I'm experiencing a crash when I disconnect in the middle of a zrle long
update (like when showing a big colored background image).
What do you mean by 'disconnect'  ? Are you closing the GTK window, or
just using the disconnect API in vncdisplay, or something else ?

In Vinagre, I press 'Close' button, which removes it from notebook,
which destroys the widget (actually it calls gtk_container_remove()
which can potentially destroy the widget).

The bug itself was already reported in Ubuntu:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/vinagre/+bug/207205
My backtrace is similar to that one attached there in Launchpad:
http://launchpadlibrarian.net/12902128/ThreadStacktrace.txt

I'm attaching my backtrace with debug output.

Any idea?
The debug output doesn't show any sign that GTK-VNC has been
asked to disconnect, so the co-routine is still running and
presumably whatever its writing to no longer exists.

Yes, in my case, I do not call vnc_close() or similar, I just destroy
the widget.

That's not the best of things to do. You should really explicitly close the connection before destroying the widget if you can.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

Dan.

Thanks,