Re: [gtk-vnc-devel] [RFC] Monthly gtk-vnc releases?

Halton Huo wrote:
On Tue, 2007-12-18 at 21:01 -0500, Anthony Liguori wrote:
I'd like to try and shoot for more regular releases of gtk-vnc. I would like to freeze the minor version for a bit and just do point releases too until we get to 1.0.0. I'm thinking of doing these releases at the very end of the month hopefully preceded by a week or so of stability.

How does that sound?
Totally agree!!!

If you can offer any implement plan for each release, that would be very
helpful.

This is a personal-time project for me so it's hard to lay down a hard release plan. Here's what I have queued up though and what I think can end up in releases:

For the next release (0.3.2):

1) send_keys_ex
2) set_read_only
3) mouse propagation fix
4) gthread-based coroutines
5) removal of shm_ext

In more distant releases:

1) reintroduction of shm_ext
2) refactoring of struct gvnc to be a proper gobject
3) support for compressed encodings

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

Halton.