Re: Tutorial perl-Gtk3 and Windows/MSys

On 2021-07-20 at 15:08:31 +0100, Mike Martin via gtk-perl-list wrote:
Well I've now managed to install Gtk3 (I think) after doing a fresh install
of mingw64.

Hi,

Glad to hear that it worked!

In general, keeping MSYS2 up-to-date is necessary for everything to work
(always use the latest versions of packages) because the MSYS2 packaging
system is based around a rolling release.

However the only way to do it was to  run cpanm as
cpanm -n -v Gtk3 (ie:no tests)
otherwise Glib fails on test  12 ie:

#   Failed test 'default log handler: install undef, prev default'
#   at t/a.t line 92.
#          got: undef
#     expected: 'CODE(0x20a7dea97b0)'

Yes, that's a bug that I've faced before and if I recall correctly, is
reproducible on every run on Windows 10. It was reported previously at
<https://rt.cpan.org/Public/Bug/Display.html?id=78424>. I did some quick
`printf()` debugging and the condition at
<https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/perl-glib/-/blob/rel-1-32-93/GLog.xs#L315>

```
        if (old_func == g_log_default_handler) {
```

is always false (i.e., the first call to `g_log_set_default_handler()`
returns a different pointer from the default handler). I'm not sure how
to proceed with debugging this at this time. Any pointers (!) on how to
proceed are welcome. I suspect something to do with how DLLs are loaded.

Best regards,
- Zaki Mughal