Poppler binding bug / G::O::I

Hello,

A bug related to memory management was reported for the Poppler bindings I am maintaining:

The module uses Glib::Object::Introspection to generate the bindings, and I'm unsure if the fix for this bug
should be in G::O::I or some sort of override in the Poppler module. Getting too deep into the glib/XS
internals may be beyond me, and I'm hoping someone on this list might have suggestions on how to approach the
issue.

Many thanks,
Jeremy