Re: Deleting rows from a model

On Thu, 13 Sep 2018 at 12:01, Daniel Kasak via gtk-perl-list <gtk-perl-list gnome org> wrote:
Hi all. I've been looking at a long-standing bug in one of my libraries, triggered when I delete multiple rows from a tree model. After looking closer, my original bug appears to be caused by the fact that after going:

$model->remove( $iter );

 ... $iter is now pointing at the *next* row, without me having to go:

$model->iter_next( $iter );

Just like the documentation[0] for gtk_list_store_remove() says.

So this initially seemed to be easy to solve - just don't call iter_next() if I've deleted a row. But ... I was previously exiting the loop, based on the return of $model->iter_next( $iter ). If there are no more rows, this call returns false. Since I'm not calling it for deleted rows, and since $iter is still 'set' in this case, how do I know if I'm at the end of the model?

Use the return value of `Gtk::ListStore::remove()` to see if the iterator is still valid or not.

Ciao,
 Emmanuele.

[0]: https://developer.gnome.org/gtk3/stable/GtkListStore.html#gtk-list-store-remove