Re: Gtk3::Application open signal

On Mon, 23 Apr 2018 13:00:06 +0000
oldtechaa <oldtechaa gmail com> wrote:

I haven't used the open signal, but with the reference here [1], it
appears it is emitted when g_application_open() is emitted, as also
documented here. [2] Are you using g_application_open() anywhere?

oldtechaa

[1]
https://developer.gnome.org/gio/stable/GApplication.html#GApplication-open
[2]
https://developer.gnome.org/gio/stable/GApplication.html#g-application-open

Thanks for the links, but I think they just confirm what I already
thought, that assuming the handles-open flag is set, if files are
passed to the application, either by someone "using with", or via
arguments on the command line, or by gdbus, then this signal will be
emitted, along with the list of files.

Normally, you don't have to call g_application_open() yourself, this is
done for you. You can call g_application_open() if you want to handle,
say files passed via the command line yourself.

Regards

Jeff