Re: 'Cannot convert arbitrary SV to GValue' when setting child property of GtkStack

On 19.10.2016 12:51, Mike Martin wrote:
Hi , I am migrating an app from gtk2 to gtk3 and when I call child_get
from a table widget I am getting
Gtk3:;Table has no method child_get.

Could this be related?

Yes, it's basically the same issue.  To properly support child and style
properties in Glib::Object::Introspection/Gtk3, we need support for
class struct functions like gtk_widget_class_find_style_property and
gtk_container_class_find_child_property.  I have a fix mostly ready, but
it's more complicated than anticipated, so it will take a little longer.

For child_get/child_get_property, we additionally need to extend
Glib::Object::Introspection::GValueWrapper slightly.  Until this is
done, I don't see a way to use child_get/child_get_property at all at
the moment.