passing information forward in an assistant

I'm working on an assistant, and I would like to pass information gathered in an early page to be displayed in a later page.

For example:

page 1, get a ticket number in an entry
.
.
.
page 5, display ticket number from page 1 in a textview

It seems that the pages are all created with whatever data is available at startup and that information cannot be updated. I thought prepare would be the method, but so far, no luck.

Am I missing something?

Louis