Re: Porting perl-GStreamer to gst 1.0

"Timm Murray" <tmurray wumpus-cave net>:
 I've made a full module out of it as Gst::*.  I'm open to suggestions on the namespace; I don't necessarily
want to clobber the existing
GStreamer module on CPAN.  I thought maybe doing GStreamer10, but putting the version in the namespace
doesn't seem right, either.

I agree that we should not reuse the "GStreamer" namespace, as people might still expect and rely on it to
refer to 0.x bindings.  There's ample precedence of including the major version number in the namespace
(Gtk2, Gtk3, Gnome2, etc.).  I don't think it's necessary to include the minor version in the namespace, as
libgstreamer promises API stability in 1.x.  So I'd suggest "GStreamer1".

In your current module you unconditionally call Glib::Object::Introspection->setup for many typelibs which
might not be installed on all systems.  The call will throw an exception in this case, which you should
probably trap at least for the optional typelibs.  Also, you don't seem to be loading the base 'Gst-1.0'
typelib, but it probably gets pulled in by the others.