Re: Fwd: GLib-GObject-WARNING **: Attempt to add property after class was initialised

On 02.05.2014 16:54, Jeffrey Ratcliffe wrote:
Users are reporting GLib-GObject-WARNING **: Attempt to add property
after class was initialised[1].

As there are also Glib-Perl builds with the same warning[2], I assume
that this is an issue with the Glib bindings.

This sounds suspiciously like the bug fixed in commit ebf5519, i.e.
shortly after the 1.280 release:

https://git.gnome.org/browse/perl-Glib/commit/?id=ebf5519

Also note that this is merely a warning which does not lead to the
immediate termination of the program.  The bug report you linked to
seems to boil down to the following error message:

package 'G' is not registered with Gtk2-Perl at
/usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl/Glib/Object/Subclass.pm line 233.

That reminds me of the bug fixed in commit c62c3e4, shortly after 1.301:

https://git.gnome.org/browse/perl-Glib/commit/?id=c62c3e4

So... do you still see these failures with recent versions of Glib?