README for Pango still says it's "beta"

I was going to update the README for Pango and add/centralize contact
info, bug reporting info, repos, etc, and I found this block of text
in the INSTALLATION section:

<text block>
To avoid installing to a system directory, since this is a beta release,
you can change the installation prefix at Makefile.PL time with

   perl Makefile.PL PREFIX=/some/other/place
</text block>

I'm guessing this is old and just never got changed, but I wanted to
confirm before I create an RT ticket for it to be removed, then remove
it.  There's more text in the same part of the README describing
different ways of telling Perl how to find Pango in a non-system-Perl
library path; is that text worth keeping?  I've pasted the text in
question below.

Thanks,

Brian

This will install the module to the subdirectory lib/perl5 under the given
prefix.  If this is not already in perl's include path, you'll need to tell
perl how to get to this library directory so you can use it; there are three
ways:

  in your environment (the easiest):
    # assuming a bourne-style shell
    PERL5LIB=/some/other/place/lib/perl5/site_perl
    export PERL5LIB

  on the perl command line:
    perl -I /some/other/place/lib/perl5/site_perl yourscript

  in the code of your perl script:
    use lib '/some/other/place/lib/perl5/site_perl';