Re: Gtk3 Spinner does not spin

My question re the non-spinning spinner has remained without answer, so far.

Googling, you can find several questions on this issue: all insist that the spinner does not spin , and most answers question the questioners sanity (e.g. did you start the spinner).

I just downloaded and run an example that is meant to illustrate using the spinnner widget:
https://github.com/dave-theunsub/gtk3-perl-demos/blob/master/spinner.pl#L1

Also this spinner does not spin - behaves precisely as my gotting-stuck spinner.

The important question is: is this a common problem among various distros, or is it an upstream problem of GTK?

Juergen