Misbehaving Gtk2::Ex::Simple::Lists

Hello all,

After several months of writing perl-gtk2 code, I've reduced my list of "how on earth do I do this...?" questions to a small handful.

I haven't been able to answer of them from the various tutorials, with questions on Perl Monks, or from Google searches - I wonder if anyone can help?

The enclosed script displays a Gtk2::Ex::Simple::List. The list contains too much data to display in the window, so there's a scroller.

1. Annoyingly, the scrollbar scrolls the column titles, as well as the data. How do I stop the column titles from scrolling away?

(I've seen Gtk2 applications written in C that don't behave in this way, so I'm sure it can be done!)

2. I don't want the second column to be editable - that is, I don't want the user to be able to click on the checkboxes; I want them to simply display the boolean values I give them.

The help for simple lists tells us to use ->set_column_editable for this. It works for 'scalar' and 'text' columns, but for 'bool' columns, the following error is produced:

<type Gtk2::CellRendererToggle does not support property 'editable' at /usr/share/perl5/Gtk2/Ex/Simple/List.pm line 130.>

I have commented out line 26 to stop this error. What can I do to make it go away?