Re: Gtk3

On 15.02.2011 00:34, Torsten Schoenfeld wrote:
I don't think that we even need a Perl wrapper at all for Gtk3.

I'll have to eat my words on this one. The GtkTreeModel API, at least, requires manual overrides since it involves marshalling into GValues whose types are determined by the corresponding tree columns. So I'm working on a Gtk3 prototype now.

By the way, with this prototype, the time for

  perl -MGtk3 -eexit

to complete is about 56ms on my machine, compared to 37ms for Gtk2*. I think that's good enough for now, and we don't have to worry about introducing lazy-loading.

* 18ms with the newest ExtUtils::ParseXS/xsubpp.