Re: Installing Gtk-Perl with ActiveState perl v5.12.2 on Windows

On Sun, Aug 7, 2011 at 1:43 AM, Jean-FranÃois Dalbosco
<jdalbosc gmail com> wrote:
Hello,

I am trying to install Gtk-Perl on Windows+MinGW following the instruction
on the FAQ for ActiveStatePerl.

What FAQ?  URL?

I have done everything from installing GTK+ 2 runtime environment, updating
PATH and run ppm install Bundle::Gnome2.
But then if i want to write a script using Gtk module it fails. So i assumed
i had to run perl -MCPAN -e "install Bundle::Gnome2".
But this last command fail with the error log attach (see log.err). I am
using mingw+msys.

The major errors I saw in your logfile were:

1) missing libintl
2) missing the headers for glib (the C library)

All of the other errors are the result of the above two errors, i.e.
all of the subsequent modules that the bundle tries to install are
dependent on Glib (the Perl module) installing correctly, which never
happened in your case.

Thanks,

Brian