Re: New to GTK+ and a question about Combo boxes.

Steve Manes <gtk magpie com> writes:

$E is a global hash I'm using for the time being to keep track of all
the elements -- at least until I get more expert with GTK.

The hash for each widget is a good place to hold child widgets you want
to use again later.

2) How come the pulldown lists appear (for lack of a better term)
double spaced?  Is there a fix for that?

If it's not the newlines muppet said then there's also a small amout of
y padding in CellRendererText which annoyed me (over the plain
GtkCList).  Force it down with

    $renderer->set(ypad=>0);

Not sure if you have to break out the full ComboBox->new instead of
->new_text to fiddle with the renderer.