Re: Can't install on OSX Tiger

On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 3:41 PM, Brian McKee <brian mckee gmail com> wrote:
On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 1:10 AM, Brian Manning <elspicyjack gmail com> wrote:
The link you posted in your previous e-mail recommends "Imendio" over
using MacPorts. ÂWhich way are you trying to do it, via MacPorts or
Imendio? ÂHow are you fitting Gtk2-Perl from CPAN into all of this?

I chose the Imendio package because I wanted a 'native' app rather
than using X11

Are you '/Users/rhult'?  I'm guessing not. Lots of test failures are
because files in that user's directory do not exist on your machine.

As I understood it that Imendio package got me Gtk2, but not the Perl
bindings to it.

I was trying to use CPAN to get those Perl bits.

One thing about using Apple's Perl; if Apple decides to upgrade it,
things could break and there would be nothing for you to do but
recompile.  For this reason I prefer Perl from MacPorts.  Using
MacPorts also got me Perl 5.10 instead of Perl 5.8 (by hacking up the
Portfile for perl5 IIRC).

Thanks,

Brian