Re: Is there anyone out there?

On May 13, 2009, at 8:39 AM, Cowley Harris wrote:

1) Is this project still going?  Doesn't seem to be much (any) emails
coming through on the mailing list.

It's still going. However, the maintainers are volunteers and have other things to do in life, and the bindings are rather stable, so we're not exactly a hotbed of activity.

2) If the Gtk2-perl project still has some life in it, what work is
ongoing for the tutorial? It seems to stop half-way through it. I've
emailed the two guys listed a few days ago, one email seems defunct,
the other is yet to reply. The tutorial is based on the C version that
is about 6-7 years old.

Again, it was a volunteer effort.

3)If work is still ongoing on the tutorial, is there a date for an
update?, If not, does anybody mind if I continue where the others left
off? Who would I contact to send an updated version?

If you make a patch available here on the list, we'll get it committed. Looking around, i think the tutorial is still hosted on sourceforge, so that might require a bit of swizzling. :-/

4)The last notice said that the project has been switch to svn.
However svn has been depreciated on sourceforge. Is there a plan to
change to git?

http://git.gnome.org/cgit/perl-Gtk2/

--
me, while driving the car: Okay, girls, what do you want for lunch?
yvonne: I wan' noo-tulls!