Re: Is there anyone out there?

On Wed, 2009-05-13 at 14:39 +0200, Cowley Harris wrote:
Hi all,

A  few things,

1) Is this project still going?  Doesn't seem to be much (any) emails
coming through on the mailing list.

That strikes me as a rather odd observation.  A quick look at the
mailing list archives ( http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-perl-list/ )
shows a steady stream of messages every month.

Not only is there steady traffic, there are questions being asked and
answered by a healthy mix of new-comers and old-hands.  I've long held
this mailing list to be an excellent example of an open source community
in action.  There are a few key people who really set the tone nicely.

I'm migrating from Perl-Tk because it seems like a dying project. If
this project is in a similar state could somebody please turn off the
lights so others like myself don't end up wasting time working through
the tutorials,

A couple of resources that you might find useful include:

 * the examples directory in the Perl-Gtk2 distribution

 * the Gtk2-Perl Study Guide
   http://forgeftp.novell.com/gtk2-perl-study/homepage/

Cheers
Grant