Re: cancel gtk_main_quit and return to the main window

On Wed, 21 Jan 2009 20:01:29 +0100
Emanoil Kotsev <deloptes yahoo com> wrote:

if [save]   then the program writes data and exits
if [cancel] then the main window is shown
if [quit]   then the app quits

So running _Quit from the menu works as expected but the problem is when I
click the window close button and click cancel afterwords. The widgets are
destroyed so empty gray box appears.

The question is how can I "cancel" the gtk_main_quit when data is not saved
and I want to return to main window?

how can I prevent the destruction of the widgets?

There are some subtle differences involving
delete_event
destroy
Gtk2->main_quit;
exit
return 1 or 0 from callbacks
etc, etc.

So if you could post your code, or a small working example to demo the
problem, someone could set it right.

zentara

http://www.zentara.net/~zentaran/Remember_How_Lucky_You_Are.html