Re: GtkBindingSet etc

On Jan 15, 2009, at 6:20 PM, Kevin Ryde wrote:

(how to include added files in an "svn diff"?).

$ svn add newfile
$ svn diff

Voila.

 It
goes ok. I think $bindingset->activate(keyval,modifiers,object) can do
the dispatch part of what I was pondering for object add-ons, but I'm
now not certain if the rc stuff actually leaves me any more configurable
than before ... the priority mechanism seems geared towards widgets.

<GtkBindings.xs>

If the priority enumeration is really just a set of markers in a continuous (well, for integers) number space, then we probably want traditional perl constants instead of enum strings.

Yes, gtk_binding_entry_clear() and gtk_binding_entry_remove() are different. (I have never seen this stuff before, i am reading the gtk + sources from svn.) "clear" will leave an entry in place, but with no contents, by destroying what's already there and creating a new one. "remove" will destroy the entry and leave nothing in its place. "clear" is deprecated, so not binding it is probably best.

The varargs add_signal is not language binding friendly, so i think you've done best using add_signall.

<GtkBindings.t>

You have noinit => 1 in the args for TestHelper, followed immediately by "use Gtk2 -init". This means the test will fail if you run with DISPLAY unset (the typical case for automated builds and packaging systems). I don't think you want to do that. TestHelper brings in Gtk2 for you, and will init automatically (with a SKIP in case of failure) unless you tell it noinit.

<binding-set-1.diff>

--
One, two, free, four, five, six, sebben, eight, nine, ten, elebben, twull, fourteen, sickteen, sebbenteen, eightteen, elebbenteen, fiffeen, elebbenteen!
  -- Zella, aged three, counting to twenty.