Re: Volunteers for wrapping new API?

Here is a patch to add the GtkStatusIcon stuff.

please take a look and make sure I did 'the right thing'.

One possible issue is that the new api for uses 'const char *' instead of
using gchar in a few places (which I'm guessing is a mistake), however I've
used  const gchar_ornull in the patch.

It seems to work.

Also in case it helps someone else save a few minutes, to use a gtk
trunk installed into a different PREFIX (for example $HOME/local)
it helps to do something like:

export PKG_CONFIG_PATH="$HOME/local/lib/pkgconfig:$PKG_CONFIG_PATH"
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="$HOME/local/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH"

so that the Makefile.PL finds the right gtk installation.

cheers,
Chris