Re: how do I close the dialog and at the same time run a subroutine in the background

Hello.

You're experiencing this because dialog hiding and destruction needs
idle main loop to do it's work. You subroutine blocks your application
until it returns and only then application control is returned to main
loop.

In order to have this kind of functionality, you'll either have to use
separate thread for your subroutine or chunk your work into smaller
pieces and execute them inside idle calls (I would advice  you to use
threads).

Tadej

--
Tadej BorovÅak