Re: Gtk2::SimpleList crashes

Emmanuel Rodriguez wrote:
This reminds me of this thread http://www.mail-archive.com/gtk-perl-list gnome org/msg05608.html where Gtk2::Ex::Simple::List would crash in perl 5.10 (Debian Lenny) but not in perl 5.8. What I also remember was that running the same program through the perl debuger (perl -d script.pl) wouldn't crash but running it normally (perl script.pl) would crash it.

Actually, in my case, any array assignment will crash; This is enough:

use Gtk2 -init;
use Gtk2::SimpleList;
my $slist = Gtk2::SimpleList->new ('Stuff' => 'text');
@{ $slist->{data} } = qw(one two three four five six seven);

while the same row by row works:

push @{ $slist->{data} }, $_
  foreach (qw(one two three four five six seven));

The code in the thread that you quoted looks pretty different, but
there is one striking similarity:

When the same code runs under the debugger, it won't crash !

(Now I understand why I had such a hard time debugging my
original code ;-)
                             Peter