Re: flags object from strings

On May 2, 2008, at 8:06 PM, Kevin Ryde wrote:

muppet <scott asofyet org> writes:

The big question is, what kind of syntax would you expect for this?

Perhaps a "new" method.

 my $f = Glib::ParamFlags->new (['readable']);

Makes sense.  Anybody else have an opinion?

Some code below.  It runs, but dunno if I understand the subtleties of
classname to gtype conversion.

I think the lookup is fine, though the message may be confusing if you use Gtk2::Widget or some other valid GType which isn't a flags type.

(Getting back G_TYPE_FLAGS depends on
your previously posted change too, otherwise Glib::Flags is
"unregistered".)

That was committed on April 19.

<GType.xs.flags-new.diff>

Looks good.

<t-flags.pl>

But i prefer this:

zella (crying):  I want...
us:  What?
zella (still crying):  I want...  something!