Re: The syntax of Gnome2::Canvas::Line?

Applications From Scratch: http://appsfromscratch.berlios.de/

--- On Sat, 6/14/08, walt <wa1ter myrealbox com> wrote:

From: walt <wa1ter myrealbox com>
Subject: The syntax of Gnome2::Canvas::Line?
To: gtk-perl-list gnome org
Date: Saturday, June 14, 2008, 7:57 AM
Hi list,

This is an example from the tarball of how to draw a line:

Gnome2::Canvas::Item->new ($group,
                         'Gnome2::Canvas::Line',
                         points => [200.0, 0.0, 200.0,
450.0],
                         fill_color => 'black',
                         width_units => 4.0);

My puzzle is why the syntax is any different from
Rectangle, i.e.
why use 'points' instead of x1,y1,x2,y2?

Second, the use of brackets instead of () to describe
points is
a complete surprise to me.  I'm new to perl and
I've never seen
that syntax used in any of the perldocs I've read (so
far).
What's the difference in this context between [] and
()?

Thanks.