Re: Putting text with links in a TreeView

* Torsten Schoenfeld <kaffeetisch gmx de> [2008-05-31 14:25]:
Making text blue and underlined is no problem, I assume.

Of course not.

I think you will have to use motion notify events: [â] This
[example code] will make the whole cell clickable.

Yeah, but thatâs not worth much, as I can already do that in
simpler ways with the interface that the TreeView and ListStore
give me out of the box.

There might be a way to only make the text inside the cell
clickable via $cell_x and $cell_y, but I don't know how offhand
-- I assume this won't be possible without a custom cell
renderer, though.

More specifically itâs not just âthe text inside the cellâ I am
interested in â it is the *portions* of the text that look like
a link. (And then each such portion individually.)

So I guess what you are saying amounts to telling me that I need
to find out how SexyUrlLabel does it and then duplicate that
logic within a custom cell renderer. I feared that this would be
the answer. Oh well.

Regards,