Re: Scribble Example

On Sat, 12 Jul 2008 08:53:51 -0400
zentara <zentara1 sbcglobal net> wrote:

On Fri, 11 Jul 2008 23:50:37 -0400
muppet <scott asofyet org> wrote:

On Jul 10, 2008, at 8:09 AM, Mario Kemper wrote:

Now i know to draw on a canvas. Do you have any ideas on how i can
draw
on a foreign window?

A GdkWindow isa GdkDrawable, so stuff like
Gtk2::Gdk::Drawable::draw_rectangle(), draw_line(), draw_drawable(),
etc, should all Just Work.
Hi,

In my experimenting around, If I have the xid of the foreign window,
I can use Gtk2::Gdk::Window->foreign_new($xid)  to get the low level window
and take a screenshot. But to actually draw on that foreign window, seems to
be more difficult.

Hi, this is the result of my experiments. I can write to the gdk foreign window,
and even move it, but I can't scribble to it with the mouse.
The problem seems to be you can't assign events to the gdk window from
another window, so the mouse is useless on it.

Is there a trick I'm missing?  There are 2 attachments. One is the target
script called Z, and the other launches it, starts itself, then tries
to manipulate the gdk window.

Thanks,
zentara

http://zentara.net/CandyGram_for_Mongo.html