Re: object_browser 0.008

On Jan 31, 2008, at 5:35 AM, Mitchell Laks wrote:

1. podviewer:

[shows incorrect link targets in the status bar and doesn't always react to link clicks]

2. podbrowser:

[mostly the same stuff]

They will behave the same way because both use Gtk2::Ex::PodViewer as the display engine. podbrowser is simply an another app that uses Gtk2::Ex::PodViewer.

In my quick tests, the status bar always showed the correct stuff, but i did see it seeming to ignore link clicks. Gavin, any thoughts?

./object_browser-0.008
GLib-GObject-WARNING **: /tmp/buildd/glib2.0-2.14.5/gobject/ gsignal.c:1617: signal `link_clicked' is invalid for instance `0xba6000' at ./object_browser-0.008 line 137.

The line above that says "this will cause a warning if it's not a PodViewer". *cough* Why i commented it rather than doing an isa check is beyond me.

tossing non-object Gtk2::FileChooser
asked to lazy-load Gtk2::Gdk::Bitmap, but that package is not registered at /usr/lib/perl5/Glib.pm line 190.

These are normal, because those things are not GObject subclasses.

Help says to me:

You don't have Gtk2::PodViewer installed; falling back to plain text. This could be very ugly and had to read. Please consider getting Gtk2::Podviewer from cpan.

(perhaps it means to carp about Gtk2::Podbrowser ? - but as I show above I have native debian sid of both)

Yow. Well, this is where i realize that i've had the old and busted Gtk2::PodViewer on my system all this time, when the new hotness Gtk2::Ex::PodViewer is what we really want.

Now when I changed the references to from Gtk2::PodViewer to
Gtk2::Ex::PodViewer throughout the program (3 ->new invocations) then I got improvement in the
help section (no error on not having PodViewer in help)
but it still is the non syntax highlighted version and does not give hyperlinks or allow clicking.

object_browser uses PodViewer to have pretty text display; it does not implement following the links (mostly because i'm too lazy to implement all the necessary navigation framework).

--
elysse:  You dance better than some.
me:  "Some" what?