Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 17:12:51 -0700 (PDT)
From: Thomas Rosario <thomasfrlennon yahoo com>
Subject: Displaying console output
To: gtk-perl-list gnome org

Hi All,

I'm trying to build a GUI to show console output of an existing application. What I've done is 'clicked'
signal_connect from Gtk2::Button will execute the application and save the output into a Gtk2::TextBuffer
which will be displayed in Gtk2::TextView.

At the moment, if the button is pressed, the whole GUI will 'freeze' and after the application execution is
finished, the complete output is displayed. My question is, how can it be done so textview will be updated in
real time with the console output instead of waiting the whole execution to be finished.

Many Thanks!