Rendering SVG on Cairo

Hello,

Is anyone aware of SVG to Cairo rendering code? There are SVG and SVG::Parser modules and of course Cairo, but a missing piece is a code, which interprets SVG into Cairo calls. SVG and Cairo seem to have a lot in common so it wouldn't be so hard to write one. In fact I've already spent some time on such a thing and can already render simple symbols, which is at this point enough for me. The code is Perl.

There were/are a few C libraries for this but they look abandoned. Mozilla has a SVG to Cairo rendering in Firefox but it's closely integrated into Firefox and not a separate library.

Ari

--
Prof. Ari Jolma
Geoinformatiikka / Geoinformatics