position of a widget?

Hello!

Is there a way to get the x position of a widget? Right now, I'm
working with images packed in a hbox, but this can change, I can add
frames or other widgets if that helps to get the position.

I've done a drag and drop function that drops an image into a hbox.
The image gets added to the end of the hbox but I'm trying to figure
out how to insert the dropped item between widgets already in the
hbox.
I do get the x position from the dropped item, how can I loop throug
the widgets in the hbox to see where I should insert the new widget?

May thanks!