Re: Problem with global destruction

On Mon, 2007-03-19 at 19:17 +0200, Ari Jolma wrote:

Try overriding the destroy signal (NOT the DESTROY method, but the "destroy"
signal!!) on your ScrolledWindow subclass, and in there, disconnect the signal
and destroy the child.

Couldn't do that, the signal seems to connect (it returns an integer)
but does not get called (I tried signals "destroy" and "destroy_event").
However, I can call the do_destroy (below) from the close subroutine of
the main window. But that does seem to help :(

if the destroy signal never gets called, it seems that the image never
gets destroyed.

try adding a FINALIZE method in your Gtk2::ScrolledWindow subclass, and
explicitely remove the image:

  sub FINALIZE {
    my ($self) = @_;

    warn "Inside finalize\n";

    $self->remove($self->{image});
    delete $self->{image}; # this should not be needed
  }

ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--