Re: Problem with signal_connect

I don't think that's the problem. If Gtk2 was missing, I think Rosie would have received an error such as:

"Can't locate Gtk2.pm in @INC ..."

I actually have had the same problem she is experiencing, only with Gentoo linux. The widgets would all draw correctly, but I couldn't connect signals using the signal_connect method. Some other methods were missing too, such as get_active_text in Gtk2::ComboBox.

I don't have a solution, but thought I'd throw in my two cents to help clarify the problem. Could this be XS related? I'm sad to say I never solved the issue. I re-installed Gtk2-perl using the Gentoo "Portage" installer, then tried re-installing using Gentoo's g-cpan tool, then tried re-installing using cpan proper. Finally, I installed it manually from source. Still no good.

Good luck,
Chris

On 3/15/07, Cyril Cheneson <ccheneson gmail com> wrote:
> Can't locate object method "signal_connect" via package "Gtk2::Window"
> at ./test-gtk line 7.

Hi there,

You need to install the perl-gtk2 package

Cyril Cheneson

perl -e 'length q caller vec and print chr oct ord q qx eq and print
chr ord q ref or and print chr ord q or no and print chr ord q else
and print chr ord qq q q and print chr ord q tie gt and print chr ord
qw q sin q and print chr ord q q eq and print chr ord qw q sin q and
print chr ord q sin s and print chr ord q cmp lc and print chr ord q
split s and print chr ord qw q lc q and print chr ord q ne sin and
print chr hex length q q bless localtime ref q '