-----Original Message-----
From: gtk-perl-list-bounces gnome org
[mailto:gtk-perl-list-bounces gnome org] On Behalf Of Torsten
Schoenfeld
Sent: 29 July 2007 20:30
To: gtk-perl-list gnome org
Subject: Gnome2::PanelApplet now functional

Aloha,

I just committed some bits and pieces to Gnome2::PanelApplet.
 It should now work.  It certainly does for me.

The key missing ingredient all these years apparently was
this: when you install all the Perl modules in a custom
location, like most of us developers do, you have to tell
perl where to find them.  Normally, you set this up in
.bashrc or .zshrc, but that won't influence the environment
of the panel!  So when you try to add a Perl applet to the
panel, perl won't find the modules and the applet will die.
Unfortunately, this just produces a generic error dialog with
a totally misleading error message.

I put some instructions on how to avoid this problem into
examples/README.  Please test.

--
Bye,
-Torsten

The message is intended for the named addressee only and may not be disclosed to or used by anyone else, nor
may it be copied in any way.

The contents of this message and its attachments are confidential and may also be subject to legal privilege.
 If you are not the named addressee and/or have received this message in error, please advise us by e-mailing
security colt net and delete the message and any attachments without retaining any copies.

Internet communications are not secure and COLT does not accept responsibility for this message, its contents
nor responsibility for any viruses.

No contracts can be created or varied on behalf of COLT Telecommunications, its subsidiaries or affiliates
("COLT") and any other party by email Communications unless expressly agreed in writing with such other
party.

Please note that incoming emails will be automatically scanned to eliminate potential viruses and unsolicited
promotional emails. For more information refer to www.colt.net or contact us on +44(0)20 7390 3900.