Re: Gnome2::PanelApplet now functional

On Sun, 2007-07-29 at 21:30 +0200, Torsten Schoenfeld wrote:
Aloha,

I just committed some bits and pieces to Gnome2::PanelApplet.  It should
now work.  It certainly does for me.

Torsten, you're definitely my hero. :-)

The key missing ingredient all these years apparently was this: when you
install all the Perl modules in a custom location, like most of us
developers do, you have to tell perl where to find them.

weird. every time I tested the module I used standard locations, never
touched the usual environment variables, and I never set any of them in
my user environment. well, if it works, then it's surely something I did
not try.

I put some instructions on how to avoid this problem into
examples/README.  Please test.

I will certainly do. thanks again for nailing this out!

ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--
Emmanuele Bassi,