Subclassing Gtk2::SourceBuffer

Hi,

I would like to subclass Gtk2::SourceBuffer, but I had
no luck using Glib::Object::Subclass. It complains:

package Gtk2::SourceBuffer has not been registered with GPerl

I then looked at the source for Gtk2-SourceView-1.000
and noticed that the TODO file contains:

*** GtkSourceStyleScheme
  See GtkCellRenderer in order to enable the perl subclassing
  of this generic GInterface.

which suggests that subclassing using Glib::Object::Subclass
is not currently possible. Am I right in thinking this?
And if so, does anyone know of a workaround?

Thanks,

James Quirk