Re: Generic glue code?

hi;

On Fri, 2007-02-09 at 17:49 +0100, Wouter Verhelst wrote:

I wrote some GObject-based code for an internal project here. I might
like to be able to access that code from perl now.

The GObject documentation hints at some generic glue code that would
have been written for Perl, but I don't really see how or where to use
it. I'd be grateful for any pointers you could give me.

usually, following the binding how to should be enough:

  http://gtk2-perl.sourceforge.net/doc/binding_howto.pod.html

for the perl XS part, there's the perlguts, perlxs and perlxstut pages
in perldoc.

and finally, taking a small Perl binding module from the CVS and copying
the layout should be enough to begin wrapping a library.  Last time I
wrapped something GObject-based it took me 15 minutes to have a working
module. :-)

ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--