Re: The Always on top issue

On Apr 12, 2007, at 2:52 PM, Ari Jolma wrote:

    my $dialog =
Gtk2::MessageDialog->new($parent,'modal','info','close','foo');
    $dialog->set_transient_for($parent);

In my understanding, if you give a parent and the 'modal' flag to a Dialog, gtk+ will call set_transient_for() for you, so this is (supposedly) redundant.

because on Windows the message dialog does not stay on top of the
parent. Or is it my MinGW platform? Does this work ok in other Windows
platforms?

It works on X11. No idea about windows; if anything, it's probably a windows-gtk+ issue, not a perl bindings one.

--
I hate to break it to you, but magic data pixies don't exist.
  -- Simon Cozens