about Gnome2::Vte

Hello guys,
i have a question about Gnome2::Vte.
So i try to open Octave in a Vte terminal. It opens and even works. I can feed octave with data through "..feed_child" method. But here comes the problem. I would like to take the output of octave and display it in a different widget. For starting Octave i use the "fork_command" method. I tried using and openpty and set_pty but something goes wrong there too.

How can i read the output from Octave? Any ideas?
Any kind of help will be appreciated.

PS: I attach the code until now.

--
------------------------------------