Re: Directory/file browser as TreeView

On Sun, 1 Oct 2006 07:58:26 +0200
"A. Pagaltzis" <pagaltzis gmx de> wrote:

* Ratcliffe, Jeffrey (Peters) <Jeffrey Ratcliffe External eads com> [2006-09-29 14:16]:
Improvements, of course, are welcome.

For fun, I took the whole thing apart, put it back together, took
it apart again, and then put it together again. :-)

Itâs still suboptimal, though, because it reads each directory in
full in order to do anything with it. It would be better if it
added new filenames as soon as they were read and sorted them on
the fly.

Something I forgot to mention earlier about improving
the dir reads, was to use Encode to make sure the umlauts,
and other extended ascii charcters get recognized in the filenames.

See:
http://perlmonks.org?node_id=537023

http://zentara.net/japh.html