Re: Grab a pixmap / screenshot thing

On Tue, 7 Nov 2006 10:42:30 -0500
zentara <zentara1 sbcglobal net> wrote:

On Tue, 07 Nov 2006 10:08:06 +1100
Daniel Kasak <dkasak nusconsulting com au> wrote:

Is it possible to create a pixmap of the current desktop ... or part of
it ... using gtk2-perl?

I've yet to see a Gtk2 window which is truly transparent all the way down to
the window underneath it, like a transparent Gnome terminal.

Oops, I spoke too soon.
This is a window that is totally transparent.
I derived it from the clock.pl example that comes in
the Gtk2-Perl study guide of Dirk Van Der Walt, at
http://forgeftp.novell.com/gtk2-perl-study/download/

It may need refinements, but it does demonstrate a totally
transparent Gtk2 window.

See attachment.

zentara

http://zentara.net/japh.html