Re: xs2pod

On Nov 1, 2006, at 1:17 PM, Max Baker wrote:

I just submitted a patch to the source forge page for a small CLI that I wrote -- xs2pod.

Awesome, i'm glad you found the stuff useful. In terms of getting better output, you can override the default output at the expense of reimplementing portions of the convenience methods. What it currently does is tuned for Gtk2-Perl and friends, of course.

As for including the tool in Glib... we have typically been reluctant to include in the Gtk2-Perl modules stuff that gets installed in $PREFIX/bin. This is mostly because of namespaces. We have good namespace control over library code, but what is the right namespace for utility programs? Should this be called xs2pod or glib- xs2pod or gtk2-perl-xs2pod or gsxtopod? Is it poor manners to install programs like that, or is it expected? (That's why the tool to covert XPM files into perl code never made it into the distro, and still lives in a miscellany directory in CVS.)

Open to ideas...