Space Bar Issue

Hi List,

On the app I am making, when I press the space bar,
it is treated as a left mouse click on any one of
the gtk2 buttons on the screen at the time, and
even a click on a gtk2 button that used to be on
the screen.

I don't want the users of my app to change screens
or activate functions by pressing the space bar.
But that's exactly what happens. Pressing the
space bar behaves like left clicking on a button.
And I don't even choose which button gets activated.

I need help with this problem.

Thanks in advance,

Pete