Exceptions while running a dialog box

Hi,

I've got dialog boxes, with which the user may interact and which are modal. In some cases the user requests something that does not work out and that causes an exception. In my current implementation this is a problem since the dialog box stays visible but not working. There are two possibilities: close the dialog window (from the X at up right) or "open" the dialog from the main window again. The first one destroys the dialog and it is not usable any more (the dialog is created from glade XML and used like this: show, run, hide) and seem to cause problems when the program is closed.

What would be the best solution for this kind of case? All I can think is to get rid of or avoid croaks.

Regards,

Ari

--
Prof. Ari Jolma
Kartografia ja Geoinformatiikka / Cartography and Geoinformatics