Re: Bug in Gtk2::ToggleButton->new_from_stock()

On May 28, 2006, at 9:15 AM, Emmanuele Bassi wrote:

Unfortunately, GObject::constructor has no Perl counterpart: you can
control the initialisation of an Glib::Object but you can't control the
creation of the instance itself.  I've had a look at the Glib::Object
creation flow, and the changes for supporting a CONSTRUCTOR function are
not trivial (maybe muppet or Torsten have some patch lying around so
I'll be shamed into a corner, though ;-)).

No patch, sorry. The main reason for not binding it back in the day was that subclassing GObjects in perl is already unnatural enough... Although, if it's really the only way to do a particular trick, we can work something up.

--
And then mama would throw the live crawdads in the boilin' water. And one day I decided I'd make my own crawdads. So I threw the crawdads in the pot, but without any water. It was just like makin' popcorn.
   -- Ear-bending cellmate, "Raising Arizona"