Re: SimpleList interline padding and background

On Jul 21, 2006, at 11:14 AM, Dirk Koopman wrote:

It's not quite as bad as that, just nearly! There are no extraneous \n
on the end either.

Are there actual blank rows in between?  If not, is the text centered
vertically, or more near the top of each row?

Have a screen shot:
<shot.jpg>

That's actually perfectly normal gtk+.

The cells have what appears to be a lot of padding because they leave room to draw the focus rectangle fully within the cell, without overlap, and the text boxes gather the extents such that all characters in the script can fit without going outside the box. The vertical spacing has been a source of consternation for many since GNOME 2.0, and i seem to recall some talk on the gtk-devel-list about patches to allow apps that need tight vertical packing to reduce it, but i don't know that anything came of it.

As Aristotle said, try a different theme, and see if you get anything more to your taste.

You can also try messing with the various properties of your cell renderers (see the Gtk2::CellRenderer and Gtk2::CellRendererText manpages for properties like height, ypad and rise, and i'll leave it as an exercise for you to figure out how to fetch the renderers from the treeview ;-), but the last time i messed with it (easily over two years ago), i was disappointed.

--
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
  -- President George W. Bush